- Laser Process
- Laser cutting robot features
Laser cutting robot features
Laser cutting technology has obvious advantages compared with other cutting methods. The overall characteristics are fast cutting speed and high quality. Its specific characteristics can be summarized as follows:
1) The cutting quality is small. Laser cutting can achieve better cutting quality due to the small laser spot, high energy density and fast cutting speed. The laser cutting incision is narrow and the dimensional accuracy of the cut parts can reach ±0.05mm. The cutting surface is smooth and beautiful, and the laser cutting can be used as the last process. The slit can be welded without further processing, and the parts can be used directly.
2) High cutting efficiency. In operation, simply changing the numerical control program can be used for cutting different shapes of parts, both for cutting and three-dimensional cutting.
3) Cutting speed is fast. The material does not need to be clamped and fixed during laser cutting, which saves the fixture and saves the auxiliary time of loading and unloading.
4) Non-contact cutting, clean, safe and pollution-free.
5) There are many types of cutting materials. Compared with oxyacetylene cutting and plasma arc cutting, there are many types of laser cutting materials, including metal, non-metal, metal-based and non-metal matrix composite materials, leather, wood and fiber.
The shortcoming of laser cutting is due to the limitation of laser power and equipment volume. Laser cutting can only cut medium and small thickness steel and pipe, and the cutting speed decreases obviously with the increase of workpiece thickness.
In terms of cutting accuracy and surface roughness of the slit, carbon dioxide laser cutting does not exceed electrical machining; it is difficult to achieve the level of flame and plasma arc cutting in terms of cutting thickness. But the above significant advantages are enough to prove that laser cutting is already replacing the traditional cutting process.
6) In industrial production, laser cutting technology is one of the most widely used processing methods for laser processing, accounting for about 60% of the entire material processing. Most laser cutting machines are controlled by CNC programs or made into cutting robots. Laser cutting is a sophisticated machining method that cuts almost all materials, including 2D or 3D cutting of sheet metal.
In the field of automobile manufacturing, laser cutting technology for space curves such as car roof windows has been widely used. In the aerospace industry, laser cutting technology is mainly used for the cutting of special aviation materials, such as titanium alloy, aluminum alloy, stainless steel, tantalum oxide, composite materials, plastics, ceramics and quartz. Aerospace parts processed by laser cutting include engine flame tube, titanium alloy thin wall machine, aircraft frame, aluminum alloy skin, wing long stern, tail siding, helicopter main rotor, space shuttle ceramic heat insulation tile, etc.
Laser cutting forming technology also has a wide range of applications in the non-metal field. The power required for laser cutting is relatively low. In general, a continuous carbon dioxide laser of less than 1 kW is sufficient for cutting thin workpieces. It can not only cut materials with high hardness and brittleness, such as silicon carbide, ceramics, quartz, etc., but also cut flexible materials such as cloth, paper, and plastic.